Friday, June 22, 2012

My shop.

Well, in case you haven't figured it out yet, we have a small seasonal prim shop, here in northeast PA.  Tomorrow I will take some pics of the outside of it as I have been working on it....or should I say hubby....well, both of us!   We have been collecting old wooden ladders in our junk travels, much to Mr. SweetMeadows dismay.  I love junk, I want every piece I see as I can see a future plan for most of it.  Mr. SweetMeadows - not so much. 
With dismay he often asks, "Maureen, WHAT are you going to do with that and do we really need to bring home more stuff?"  Well.....yes.  Afterall, isn't that why we bought a truck?!  And isn't that why we still have "some" space in our little barn?!  Not much mind you.  For a time I had an obsession with old shutters.  I had to have them all, and if they were cheap there was no way we were passing them up.
AND, for over 2 years we have driven by this BIG old rusty mailbox, just lying in a ditch on the side of the road thru all seasons.  It would be lost in the summer grasses and weeds but come spring, I could see it.....calling out to me.  When I would mention it to the Mr. as we drove down the road, he would hit the gas!  FINALLY, one day the car was stopped and someone pulled that big ol' rusty thing out of the ditch and it now resides on the little deck in front of my shop.  This thing is huge.  It also has a wooden bottom, a true antique.  I cannot imagine how old it is but I could receive packages in this thing if it were useable. It  the The Mr.looks at it and shakes his head.
He was not a part of the ditch rescue.
Back to the ladders.  I had the Mr. make an arbor of sorts for the bottom of the steps to the shop.  It sure is the coolest thing ever....you will see and surely agree!
I  promise, photos tomorrow of my ugly old junk, much of which is adorned with flowers!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder afterall.

6 comments:

~Sara said...

Sounds like a fun life, you and the Mr! lol As long as you understand each other. Can't wait to see your pics. Blessings ~Sara

BumbleBeeLane said...

I see the beauty in the junk to but unfortunately not much time like I used to to make it what it could be.Gotta giggle because yesterday we passed the garbage on a country road and there was a store display.I told hubby to back up and get it,he said he can't back up but if it's still there on the way back we'll get it.Wouldn't you know he took a differnt route home and I didn't notice till we were almost home sooo I made him go back but the garbage truck already had it.Can't wait to see the pics.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Farmhouse prims said...

It would be a dream come true, if i could come to your shop one day! hugs, Lecia

Jean Barker said...

Can't wait to see pics of your shop Maureen. I'm certain it will be a real treat!

Gammies' Primitive Attic said...

I'm with you Maureen!!! The beauty of Junk is in the eye of the beholder. And I do have alot of beauty around me...LOL. Hope your open house went well. Wish I could have been there!!

Barbara said...

lol....i just found this post...that i missed somehow...our car has acceleration feature...upon seeing a rummage etc....but only when hubby is driving....funny how that happens....we hit the bigger fleamarkets..and hubby give a 'hee haw' noise...as he KNOWS something i cant carry will come into our possesion....(heck...i'm POSSESSED)