Sunday, September 25, 2011

Children of the Corn...

Corn Maze, that is!

We all assembled at my house and left in a caravan of 7 cars.  All family members, 4 generations in place!!
My Mom, my sisters, spouses, children, grandchildren....
The weather was perfect, even a bit warm for late September.
Here's the farm, if you happen to venture to the northeast corner of
Pennsylvania, you will have to visit this maze.
Across the road they have a little farmstand with produce, pumpkins, etc.
Enter with caution!  My hubby seems a bit wary!


We all started out in a pack, with my Mom sitting it out in a nice shady spot outside the maze.

That corn sure is tall, my guess is at least 10 feet.

There are clues planted throughout the maze.  You have a sheet of paper
and you are to fill in the clues as you go to complet the word at the bottom
of your paper.

There are really pretty views....when you can get a glimpse thru the corn!
Wow, these are some cute lil girls in the corn!  My grand daughter and my sis's grand daughter.

It seems we all went different ways in the maze and were broken up into several groups.
After about an hour or so of "wandering", we kinda, sorta cheated and left the maze.....and not exactly following the path!  We just wanted out!  HAHA

Just outside the exit in the field were some beautiful horses.
Hello Friend!

There was also a nice town playground for the kids, a place to kill time while waiting
for the others to find their way out.

Chubby babies, playing in the shade!
This is my other sis's grandson and my newest grand baby, Gabriella - 5 months old!
If you visit the maze, it is only $5.00 per person.  If you have  a group of 10 or more, it is $4.00 per person.
Not a bad way to spend a nice afternoon!
Afterward, the caravan went for apples and we spent the better part of the rest of the day,
lazing in my back yard and chatting the day away!

 

4 comments:

Judy/My Country Heart Crafts said...

Sounds like the perfect day Maureen! Glad you had fun with the family today! I hope the folks in your area are on their way to recovery following that awful flooding!!!

Kays Kids said...

What a lovely day. something for everyone to enjoy. Every time I'm with grand children is always a good time.
Hugs

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Oh wow, what a great way to spend time with the family! Thanks for sharing.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

JDConwell said...

Love the pics (especially the wee bitties). Funny though...when I read maze, I thought you meant "maize". :~)