Friday, August 20, 2010

What I'm doing and show report!

Okay, I guess this pic tells it all! lol  Well, not all.  This week, I've been canning tomato sauce, freezing beans and peaches and baking.  Yup, peach shortcakes and even a peach pie and cinnamon buns.  The garden is surely giving us quite a bounty and we will eat well this winter.  Next week it will be more beans, two kinds, and blueberries too!
There are pumpkins beginning to turn orange out there and swan gourds hanging on the fence.  There are about 3 BIG pumpkins and a bunch of smaller ones.  Winter squashes are under every plant as well.  We've already harvested potatoes and onions and corn, carrots and yellow squash and zucchini.  We are waiting on more tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, okra, cabbage and brussel sprouts.  This week we will be eating fresh swiss chard and fresh escarole.  Can't forget the herbs, we have basil, parsley, oregano and sage as well as cilantro.
Oh, let's not forget the watermelons too!  We have been so blessed this summer and I thank God for providing all of this.
The show was good.  The weather was perfect and I hardly had to pack up any dolls to take home.  They are now proudly displayed in our shop.  I really need to get some pics for you all to see.  Very soon, I promise!  If you are in the area or feel like taking a drive, we are having our Christmas Open House on Nov. 19, 20, and 21.  I'll post more about that at a later date as I don't want to rush summer out the door!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen: How far are you from Rochester, NY? I'd love to take a trip and visit your shop sometime!

Maureen - sweetmeadowsfarm@yahoo.com said...

Oh, I think Rochester is about 3 hours, maybe a wee bit less but somewhere around that.

Patricia said...

QUE RICO !!!ESA CONSERVAS ...TE IMAGINO CON MUCHO TRABAJO EN LA COCINA ,AQUI EN SAN JUAN ESPERAMOS LA PRIMAVERA PERO TE CUENTO QE NUESTRO VERANO ES MUY PERO MUY CALUROSO...Y EL INVIERNO NO HACE TANTO FRIO.TE DEJO UN GRAN CARIÑO DESDE SAN JUAN ARGENTINA

Maureen - sweetmeadowsfarm@yahoo.com said...

El verano es llegando a su fin aquí en la U.S.A.
No me importa para el invierno, es demasiado frío!

Lulu said...

Hi Maureen, my you have been busy, what a Blessing it is to have such a Bountiful Crop of Veg....Would love your Canned Tomato sauce recipe...looks absolutely Delish...cannot wait for pics of your Dolls...Keep Well and God Bless Lucille x