Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh, the things we do....

...to be healthy. Today I started my green smoothies. Hubby and I shopped over the weekend for all the Organic fruits and veggies that we would need for one week. OUCH! Lots of $$ but if it makes a difference it's money well spent. I made my hubbys' smoothie from romaine lettuce, banana, and 1/2 a honey dew melon. Tasted weird....kinda like a melony salad! I thought I'd go for a more savory one. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm struggling to get this down. A whole quart of this dark green, thick, odd smelling smoothie. The recipe for mine contained the following: Kale, celery, garlic, parsley, lime juice, avocado, and a pepper. I'm gonna have to break this up and drink it in "shifts" throughout the day.....ugh.

Tomorrow I'm making one with mangoes and bananas for SURE!

7 comments:

serendipity said...

have a look at the jiuce master web site.
I usually add some apple juice to mine to sweeten them up, if not hold your nose and sown it in one.
hugs
joan in italy

do I hear a juice doll in the making with a funny face of yuck !!!

Barb said...

I am sorry, I find humor in the oddest places...and that is just funny to me because can see myself doing that....mango and bananas sound alot better. Did you know that if you add a spritz of lemon to your mango it brings out the flavor more?

tattered 'n torn prims said...

ummm......good luck with that!! Sounds.....ummm....healthy!! tee hee hee!! Here's hoping it'll grow on ya!!

happy Monday!!
stace

sunflwr1 said...

So glad I'm a carnivore... :)

Pablo (yo) said...

Great blog!!!!
If you like, come back and visit mine: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Pablo from Argentina

Annie Oakleaves said...

hi! Do you have a fresh and easy store where you live? I just recently had to cut out sugars,anything white,grains ect due to fibromyalgia and had a hard time being able to afford everything then we found fresh and easy and Iam so thankful!It truly is cheap and healthy. Hang in ther ethough,I spent a good 3 weeks miserable and in pain and now Im used to all of the new flavors and actually have no desire to eat monthing but cookies for days like I used to. lol I adore your patterns and have alot of them and Iam looking forward to many more so take care of yourself!!!

Suzanne said...

Hi Maureen! You've been nominated and won the Sunshine Blog Award for your blog and your selfless act in promoting others.
Please see my post at:
http://poplarstreetprims.blogspot.com/

(I thought you might need a little sunshine in your life right now)