Friday, March 5, 2010

Green smoothies???!!!!!


Yes, you read that right! I'm reading this book, I started it last night and I'm half way thru it. I'll finish it tonight. Very interesting read, makes sense too.
I'm wanting to improve my health, feel better, look better, etc. Being a vegetarian, I think I might be able to incorporate this into my diet without too much trouble.......I think. The idea of a smoothie made with such things as kale, or parsley, spinach, cilantro, lettuces, etc is a little daunting. But, you can add fruit.
While vacationing in Mexico, I had one of these smoothies and it contained not only the greens but watermelon and orange and carrot juice. It was pretty tasty though the others at my table thought I was insane for drinking the "seaweed looking" drink at breakfast!
So, I'm on my quest, to feel 19 again! HA!
I'll let you know in a few weeks the verdict at which point you can all run out to find the book....or not.
We'll see, wish me luck....or well!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love the concept, I am always trying something but to drink green, I don't know.....you will have to let me know!

flamingo said...

Hello, my name is Elena!
I love your dolls they a so cute!!!
My friend shi is from Russia want to bay some patterns.and shi wonder what fabric do you use making your dolls and can you include some in order. thank you in advance. my email alenab1968@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your review on the book and recipes. How is your back? Better I hope.